Chicken Badami / Almond Chicken
Serving for - 2-3 Ingredients Chicken - 500 gm Oil - 3-4 tbsp Turmeric powder Salt to taste To make oni...
Serving for - 2-3
Chicken - 500 gm
Oil - 3-4 tbsp
Salt to taste
To make onion puree
Onions - 2 (Cut into cubes)
Cloves of garlic - 4
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Put all above ingredients in a blender. Add little water and make smooth puree. Keep it aside.
Spices to dry roast and grind
Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Dried red chilies - 6
Black peppercorns - 10-12
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Bay leaves - 2
Dry roast all above spices on low heat for 4-5 minutes till nice aroma starts to come out and grind them coarsely.
To make almond-coconut paste
Almonds - 20-25
Coconut - 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Dry roast coconut and sesame seeds separately. Make a fine puree of almonds, coconut, and sesame seeds in a blender by adding little water. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chicken pieces to it. Fry them nicely on medium heat till they are 70% done. Remove the pieces from oil and transfer them to paper towel.
- In the remaining oil, add onion puree (onion+ginger+garlic) and salt to taste. Saute till all moisture evaporates.
- Add ground masala (spice powder), and turmeric powder. Saute till oil starts to separate from spices.
- Add fried chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and let the curry boil. It will take around 5 minutes.
- Once the curry comes to boil, add in almond paste(almonds+coconut+sesame seeds). Adjust the consistency by adding water. Let it cook for 10 minutes. Keep stirring the curry in between.
- Finally, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with naan, chapati or plain rice.