Aloo Samosa / Samosa Recipe
To make 10 samosa Ingredients For Dough All purpose flour - 3/4 cup Semolina/...
To make 10 samosa
All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Semolina/Sooji - 2 tbsp
Carom seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Potatoes - 3 (Cook in pressure cooker till 4 whistles. Peel and grate them.)
Frozen Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Green chilies - 4 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 8-10
Some cilantro - finely chopped
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Lime juice - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Dough for Samosa
- Take flour, semolina, carom seeds and salt in a mixing bowl. Heat 1 tbsp oil and add in to flour. Mix this well and remove all lumps. Start kneading the dough by adding little water at a time. Dough should be little stiff. Cover the dough with plastic wrapper and let it rest for 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile make the stuffing for samosa.
Potato stuffing / Stuffing for samosa
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida, green chilies, ginger, and curry leaves. Cook for few seconds. Add grated potato and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add green peas, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix this really well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
- Finally, add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Now, stuffing is ready. Let it cool down. Make 10 balls of stuffing and keep them aside.
Making of samosa
- Make 5 equal sized balls from dough. Take one ball and roll it like a thin roti. Cut it into 2 parts. Apply few drops of water on edges and fold it like a cone as shown in picture. Place one stuffing ball in it and seal the bottom really well. Follow the same procedure to make rest of samosa.
- Fry them nicely from both sides till nice brown color. Serve them with any chutney or ketchup. I served them with black chickpeas curry. Click here to see the recipe - Black chickpeas Curry.