Palak Moong Dal Sabzi
Note: Re-Posting this recipe with step by step pictures Serving for - 3 Ingredients Spinach - 2 bunch (Wash the spinach and c...
Note: Re-Posting this recipe with step by step pictures
Serving for - 3
Spinach - 2 bunch (Wash the spinach and chop roughly)
Moong dal - 1/2 cup (Wash dal and soak in enough water for about half hour)
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Cloves of garlic - 6-7
Green chilies - 4
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Check out video recipe on YouTube
- Grind garlic and chilies together to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and pinch of asafoetida. Saute for few seconds. Add ground paste and saute till raw smell from garlic goes away.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Then add soaked dal, 1/3 cup of water, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix well and cook till dal turns soft. It may take around 4-5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for 8-10 minutes till all moisture evaporates.
- Switch off the heat and serve hot with roti.