Mix Vegetables Paratha
Ingredients For dough 2 cups of wheat flour 1/2 tsp of cumin powder 1/2 tsp of carom seeds ¼ tsp of oil salt to taste ...
2 cups of wheat flour
1/2 tsp of cumin powder
1/2 tsp of carom seeds
¼ tsp of oil
salt to taste
1 cup chopped cauliflower
Half cup of frozen green peas
1/4 cup of shredded paneer (optional)
4 green chilies - finely chopped
1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
pinch of asafoetida
1/2 tsp of coriander powder
1 tsp of lime juice
salt to taste
Half cup cilantro - finely chopped
Making dough for paratha
- To make the paratha dough, Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add cumin powder, carom seeds and salt to taste. Knead the dough well. Consistency of dough should be soft like regular chapati/roti dough. Apply few drops of oil on dough and cover it. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
Mix veg stuffing
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into big cubes. Cook the vegetables i.e. potato cubes, cauliflower cubes and green peas either in microwave or in pressure cooker. Once vegetables get cool down mash them nicely.
- Heat up 2 tsp of oil in pan. Add green chillies, pinch of asafoetida, turmeric powder chopped onion and sauté till onion become translucent. Add mashed vegetables to it. Cook till all moisture evaporates. Add coriander powder, shredded paneer, salt to taste, lime juice and chopped cilantro. Mix this up well and switch off the heat. Let the mixture cool down completely.
Roasting of a paratha
- Take a medium sized ball of dough and roll it like a small puri. Roll the edges, keeping middle part thick. Place medium sized ball of vegetable stuffing onto it. Cover all sides of stuffing with edges of dough. Dip into all purpose flour and roll gently and evenly from all the sides. Roll paratha little thick than chapati/roti.
- Roast paratha well from both sides. Apply ghee on it while roasting. Serve paratha with rayata, pickle or tomato ketchup.