Bharli vangi / Stuffed baingan masala
Ingredients 4 small baingans / brinjals 3/4 cup of peanuts 2 tsp of sesame seeds 2 tsp of dry grated coconut 1 big onions...
4 small baingans / brinjals
3/4 cup of peanuts
2 tsp of sesame seeds
2 tsp of dry grated coconut
1 big onions – finely chopped
1 medium tomato – finely chopped
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
Pinch of asafoetida
Half tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of kanda lasun chutney
Half tsp of mustard seeds
Half tsp of cumin seeds
¼ tsp of garam masala
4 tsp of oil
Salt to taste
- First dry roast peanuts on medium heat. Roast till peanuts become slight brown in color. Take it aside and dry roast grated coconut, sesame seeds for a minute. Grind all roasted ingredients in blender.
- Heat up 2 tsp of oil in pan. Add chopped onion and saute till onion becomes translucent. Add chopped tomato and saute for 2 minutes. Add ginger garlic and saute for few seconds. Switch off the heat and add turmeric powder, ground roasted powder, salt to taste and kanda lasun chutney. If kanda lasun chutney is not available, then add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala. Mix all ingredients well. Now, masala is ready.
- Wash the brinjals and make 2 partial vertical slits, stuff the masala in it. Keep the leftover masala to make gravy.
- Heat up 2 tsp of oil in pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them crackle. Add pinch of asafoetida and add stuffed brinjals to it. Add 1/2 cup of hot water and cover the pan. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Add leftover masala to it and again cook the gravy for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring in between to avoid sticking of peanut powder at bottom.
- Add little water if required. Sprinkle garam masala and chopped cilantro on top. Switch off the heat and serve hot with chapati or naan.
Click out updated step by step recipe here - Bharli Vangi