Aloo Palak Paratha
For making 7-8 parathas Ingredients: For dough 2 cups of wheat flour 3/4 cup of spinach puree 1/2 tsp of cumin powder ...
For making 7-8 parathas
2 cups of wheat flour
3/4 cup of spinach puree
1/2 tsp of cumin powder
1/2 tsp of carom seeds
¼ tsp of oil
salt to taste
4 boiled potatoes
4 green chilies - finely chopped
1 medium sized onion – finely chopped
1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp of lime juice
salt to taste
Half cup cilantro - finely chopped
Making dough for paratha
- To make the paratha dough, Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add spinach puree, cumin powder, carom seeds and salt to taste. Knead the dough well. Consistency of dough should be soft like regular chapati/roti dough. Apply few drops of oil on dough and cover it. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- First boil the potatoes. Once the potatoes cool down, peel and shred them.
- Heat up 2 tsp of oil in pan. Add green chillies, pinch of asafoetida, turmeric powder chopped onion and sauté till onion become translucent. Add shredded potatoes to it. Add salt to taste, lime juice and chopped cilantro. Mix this up well and switch off the heat. Let the mixture cool down completely.
Roasting of a paratha
- Take a medium sized ball of dough and roll it like a small puri. Roll the edges, keeping middle part thick. Place medium sized ball of potato stuffing onto it. Cover all sides of stuffing with edges of dough. Dip into all purpose flour and roll gently and evenly from all the sides. Roll paratha little thick than chapati/roti.
- Roast paratha well from both sides. Apply ghee on it while roasting. Serve paratha with rayata, pickle or tomato ketchup.