Serving for - 2 Ingredients: 1 cup small pieces of paneer / cottage cheese 2 medium onions - cut into big cubes 1 cup tomato pur...
Serving for - 2
1 cup small pieces of paneer / cottage cheese
2 medium onions - cut into big cubes
1 cup tomato puree
half tsp of paprika
half tsp of red chili powder
3/4 tsp of garam masala
1/2 tsp of coriander powder
half tsp of mustard seeds
half tsp of cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
pinch of asafoetida
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp of dry fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi
1 tsp of ginger and garlic paste
1/4 cup cashews
3 tsp of ghee
3 tsp of whipping cream
1 cup of water
cilantro for garnishing
salt to taste
- Boil the onion cubes in hot water for about 20 mins or you can cook them in pressure cooker till one whistle. Let it cool down. Then strain out water from onion and make smooth onion puree along with cashews in blender. Add little water if needed.
- Heat up 1 tsp of ghee and shallow fry paneer pieces till they get slight brown color.
- Heat up 2 tsp of ghee in same pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and bay leaf. Let them crackle. Then add onion puree to it and saute till all moisture goes away. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
- Add tomato puree and mix well. Cover the pan and let mixture cook on medium heat for about 4-5 mins. Stir in between. Saute mixture well till all moisture goes away.
- Now add dry spices that is red chili powder, paprika, turmeric powder, coriander powder, asafoetida, garam masala and salt to taste. Saute them till oil starts to loose out from spices.
- Now add 1 cup of water and let gravy cook for 2 mins. Once gravy comes to boil, add dry fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi and paneer pieces in it. Let paneer cook in gravy for 2 mins. Finally add whipping cream and let gravy simmer on low heat for a minute. Switch off the heat and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with chapati or naan.