Egg Biryani / Anda Biryani
Serving for -3 Ingredients: 1 and half cups of rice - wash and soak rice in water for about 20 minutes 3 boiled eggs 2 b...
Serving for -3
1 and half cups of rice - wash and soak rice in water for about 20 minutes
3 boiled eggs
2 big onions - thinly sliced
2 medium tomato - finely chopped
1 and half tsp of ginger garlic paste
1 tsp of coriander powder
1 tsp of garam masala
1 tsp of red chili powder
half tsp of paprika
half tsp of turmeric powder
pinch of asafoetida
1 tsp cumin seeds
half tsp of black pepper
2-3 green cardamon
1 cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
4 tsp of oil
1 tsp of ghee
1/4 cup cashews
half cup of chopped fresh cilantro
salt to taste
- Cut one onion into thin slices and deep dry them. You can also make use of store bought fried onions. We will need fried onions while layering the biryani.
- shallow fry boiled eggs on medium heat and cut each egg into 2 equal pieces.
- Heat up 4 cups of water in vessel. When water comes to boil, add half tsp of ghee, cumin seeds, black pepper, cinnamon stick, green cardamon and salt to taste. Then add soaked rice and cook the rice till it is 70% done.
- Heat up oil in another pan. Add mustard seeds, bay leaves and let them crackle. Add sliced onions and saute till onions become translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes away. Add chopped tomatoes and cover the pan. Let it cook for 3-4 mins. We want tomatoes to be mashed up with onions.
- Now add dry spices to it. Add pinch of asafoetida, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, paprika, half a tsp of garam masala and salt to taste. Add salt little less than required as we have already added salt while cooking rice.Saute spices till oil starts to loose out. Add little amount of water to make gravy.
- Take another heavy bottom vessel. Strain the water from rice and spread half of rice as a first layer. Make second layer by onion tomato gravy. Spread gravy evenly.Pour all egg pieces into it. Spread fried onions, fresh chopped cilantro and 1/4 tsp of garam masala. Then add remaining rice on top and spread evenly. Again spread some fried onions, fresh cilantro and 1/4 tsp of garam masala. Add some cashews if u like. Pour half tsp of ghee on top. Cover the vessel tightly. Make use of dough if you don't have tight lid. Let biryani cook on low heat for about 20-25 mins.
- Serve biryani hot with raita or any kind of chutney.