Serving for - 2 Ingredients: 500 gm chicken - cut into medium pieces 2 medium onions - finely chopped 4 tsp of oil 2 tsp of yog...
Serving for - 2
500 gm chicken - cut into medium pieces
2 medium onions - finely chopped
4 tsp of oil
2 tsp of yogurt
2 bay leaves
1 tsp of mustard seeds
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
pinch of asafoetida
half tsp of fenugreek leaves/ Kasoori methi
salt to taste
2 tsp of vinegar
2 tsp of lemon juice
2 tsp of coriander seeds
half tsp of black pepper
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp of cumin seeds
5-6 petals of garlic
1 inch garlic
6 big red chilies
2 black cardamon
- heat up 1 tsp of oil in pan. Add coriander seeds, red chilies, cloves, black pepper, black cardamon, cinnamon stick and saute till nice aroma starts to come out.
- Coarsely grind above roasted spices along with ginger, garlic in blender.
- Take chicken pieces in mixing bowl. Add above ground masala in it. Add vinegar and lemon juice and mix well. Let chicken marinate for 1-2 hours in refrigerator.
- Heat up 3 tsp of oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, bay leaves and let them crackle. Add finely chopped onion to it and saute till onions become light brown in color. Add pinch of asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Add marinated chicken, yogurt and salt to taste. Mix pieces well and cover the pan. Pieces will loose some amount of water. Let it cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and cover the pan. Let the chicken cook for about 10 mins. Stir in between. Add fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi to it. Let the chicken simmer on low heat for 2-3 mins. Switch off the heat and garnish with cilantro.