Chicken Hariyali / Coriander Chicken
Serving for - 2 Ingredients: 500gm chicken - cut into medium pieces 1 cup fresh cilantro 2 tsp of dry grated coconut 1 tsp of s...
Serving for - 2
500gm chicken - cut into medium pieces
1 cup fresh cilantro
2 tsp of dry grated coconut
1 tsp of sesame seeds
1/4 cup of cashews
2 medium onions -finely chopped
2 tsp of yogurt
4-5 green chilies
4-5 petals of garlic
1 tsp of cut ginger
1 tsp of coriander powder
1 tsp of garam masala
4 tsp of oil
half tsp of mustard seeds
1 tsp of cumin seeds
2 bay leaves
pinch of asafoetida
salt to taste
- Dry roast dry grated coconut, sesame seeds on medium heat till they get nice light brown color. Make a smooth puree of roasted coconut, sesame seeds, cilantro/ coriander leaves, cashews, garlic, ginger and green chilies in blender. Add little water to make smooth puree. Keep it aside.
- Heat up oil in pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, bay leaves and let them crackle. Add chopped onions and saute till onions start to become golden brown in color. Add pinch of asafoetida, coriander powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Saute till oil starts to loose out.
- Put chicken pieces, yogurt and mix well with spices. Add 2 and half cups of hot water to it and cover the pan. Let chicken cook on medium heat for about 5-6 mins. Stir in between.
- Add puree which we made before to it and mix well. Puree gives nice green color to gravy. Again cover the pan and let chicken cook in gravy for about 10 mins. Adjust the consistency by adding little water.
- Serve hot with chapati or naan.