Vegetable fried rice (chinese style)
Serving - for 4 Ingredients: 2 cups of boiled rice / leftover rice 4 tsp of oil chopped capsicum - half cup chopped carro...
Serving - for 4
2 cups of boiled rice / leftover rice
4 tsp of oil
chopped capsicum - half cup
chopped carrots - half cup
chopped spring onions - 1 cup
chopped green beans - half cup
1 medium onion - finely chopped
2 eggs (optional)
1 tsp of black pepper
4 tsp of soya sauce
1and half tsp of chili garlic sauce
Salt to taste
- First cook plain rice or you can also make use of left over rice.
- Heat up 3 tsp of oil in pan. Add finely chopped onion. Saute the onion till it become translucent.
- Cut the vegetables in small pieces. First add capsicum and green beans. Saute them for 3-4 mins. Then add egg and scramble it well. Cook it for 2 mins. Add black pepper,carrots and spring onions to it. Adding carrots and spring onions at this point will retain their shape and natural color. Saute them for 2 mins and add cooked rice into it. Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Add soya sauce and chili garlic sauce. Mix the rice well and cook it for 3-4 mins.
- Garnish with some spring onions and serve rice hot with chili garlic sauce.