Ingredients: 3 cups of all purpose flour half cup of ghee half cup of milk 3 tsp sooji / semolina half cup of sugar pinch of sal...
3 cups of all purpose flour
half cup of ghee
half cup of milk
3 tsp sooji / semolina
half cup of sugar
pinch of salt
- Melt the ghee in pan on very low heat. Add milk to it and stir well. Switch off the heat and add sugar. Dissolve sugar completely by stirring it. Once the sugar dissolves completely add a pinch of salt.
- Add sooji to above mixture. Then start adding little amount of all purpose flour at a time and keep kneading the dough. Make a dough little bit stiff than regular chapati/ roti dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 20-25 mins. Make a medium sized ball from dough and roll it like a chapati/ roti. Roll it little bit thicker to make shankarpali more crispy.
- Cut it into desired shapes using shankarpali spoon. If that spoon is not available, you can make use of knife.
- Deep fry them till they get nice light brown color. Once they cool down, store them into air tight container or zip lock bags.