Serving for - 2 Ingredients: 1 cup small cubes of paneer 1 medium onion - chopped in cubes 2 big tomatoes - chopped in cubes 1 ...
Serving for - 2
1 cup small cubes of paneer
1 medium onion - chopped in cubes
2 big tomatoes - chopped in cubes
1 and half tsp of ginger garlic paste
half tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of red chili powder
half tsp of paprika
1 tsp of coriander seeds
1 bay leaf
half tsp black pepper
1-2 black cardamom
1 stick of cinnamon
2 tsp oil
3 tsp ghee
4 tsp whipping cream
salt to taste
water 1-2 cup
cilantro for garnishing
- Heat up oil in pan, Add coriander seeds, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, cloves, black pepper and bay leaf. Saute them till they starts to change their color. Add chopped onion to it and saute till onion becomes translucent. Then add tomato cubes to it. Cover the pan and let it cook for 10 mins. We want tomatoes to be mashed up with onion. Cool down the mixture completely. Make the smooth onion tomato puree in blender and take it aside. Make sure you take out bay leaf before adding mixture to blender.
- Heat up ghee in frying pan. Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder to it. Then add onion tomato puree to it. Cover the pan and let it cook till all moisture goes away. Keep stirring in between. Add red chili powder, paprika and salt to taste and cook spices till oil starts to loose out.
- Then add 1 cup of water and make smooth gravy. Adjust the consistency as per your own requirements. Once gravy starts to boil, add paneer cubes to it. Let the paneer cook in gravy for 10 mins.
- Finally add whipping cream and let paneer cook on low heat for about 5 mins
- Switch off the heat and garnish paneer makhani with cilantro.