Palak Paneer Paratha
Recipe for 5 paratha Ingredients: 2 cups of wheat flour 1 cup of grated paneer 1 bundle of spinach / palak (Around 3-4 cups of r...
Recipe for 5 paratha
2 cups of wheat flour
1 cup of grated paneer
1 bundle of spinach / palak (Around 3-4 cups of roughly chopped spinach)
2 green chilies - finely chopped
1 tsp of red chili powder
1 cup cilantro finely chopped
half tsp of coriander powder
half tsp of cumin powder
half tsp of turmeric powder
half tsp of ajwain
4 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
salt to taste
oil as needed
All purpose flour for rolling
Making dough for paratha:
- Heat up 1 tsp of oil in frying pan. Add chopped garlic and saute it for a minute. Add chopped spinach and mix well. Add coriander powder, cumin powder, chili powder and salt to taste. Saute spinach along with spices for 3-4 mins.
- Let the mixture cool down and make a smooth puree in blender. Add little amount of water if needed.
- To make the paratha dough, Take wheat flour in mixing bowl. Add spinach puree to it and mix flour well. Add ajwain and turmeric powder to it. There is no need to add extra water and salt in flour as we have already added salt and water in spinach puree. Kneed the dough well. Consistency of dough should be soft like a regular chapati/roti dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30-40 mins.
- Take grated paneer in a mixing bowl. Add chopped green chilies, chopped cilantro and salt to taste.
- Mix all ingredient well and the stuffing is ready.
Roasting of a paratha:
- Take a big sized ball of dough and roll it like a small puri. Roll the edges, keeping middle part thick. Place medium sized ball of paneer stuffing onto it. Cover all sides of stuffing with edges of dough. Dip into all purpose flour and roll gently and evenly from all the sides. Keep paratha little thick than chapati/roti.
- Roast paratha well from both sides. Apply ghee on it while roasting. Serve paratha with rayata, pickle or tomato ketchup.