Chicken fried rice (Chinese style)
Serving - for 2 Ingredients: 2 cups of boiled rice / leftover rice 4 tsp of oil 6-8 small pieces of boneless chicken c...
Serving - for 2
2 cups of boiled rice / leftover rice
4 tsp of oil
6-8 small pieces of boneless chicken
chopped capsicum - half cup
chopped carrots - half cup
chopped spring onions - 1 cup
chopped green beans - half cup
1 medium onion - finely chopped
1 tsp of black pepper
4 tsp of soya sauce
1 and half tsp of chili garlic sauce
Salt to taste
- First cook plain rice or you can also make use of left over rice. Cook the chicken pieces in microwave for 5 mins or boil the pieces in water for 6-7 mins.
- Heat up 3 tsp of oil in pan. Add finely chopped onion. Saute the onion till it become translucent.
- Cut the vegetables in small pieces. First add capsicum and green beans. Saute them for 3-4 mins. Then add egg and scramble it well. Cook it for 2 mins. Add black pepper, carrots and spring onions to it. Adding carrots and spring onions at this point will retain their shape and natural color. Saute them for 2 mins and add cooked rice into it. Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Add soya sauce and chili garlic sauce. Mix the rice well and cook it for 3-4 mins.
- Garnish with some spring onions and serve rice hot with chili garlic sauce.