Besan / Pitale
Serving - for 2 Ingredients: 1 cup of gram flour / besan 1 medium onion - finely chopped 1 small tomato - finely chopped 3-4 gree...
Serving - for 2
1 cup of gram flour / besan
1 medium onion - finely chopped
1 small tomato - finely chopped
3-4 green chillies - finely chopped
3-4 curry leaves
3-4 cloves of garlic
half tsp turmeric powder
pinch of asafoetida
half tsp garam masala (optional)
1 tsp mustard seeds
half tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp freshly grated coconut (optional)
3 tsp of oil
3-4 cups of water
salt to taste
cilantro for garnishing
- Heat up oil in frying pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chilies. Saute them for a minute. Add chopped onion and saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and saute till raw smell goes away. Then add turmeric powder, pinch of asafoetida and chopped tomato. Saute them for 2-3 mins.
- Add garam masala and salt to taste. Saute it till oil starts to loose out.
- Take besan / gram flour in mixing bowl. Add 3 cups of water to it, mix flour well and add into pan. Reduce the flame to low and keep stirring the mixture to avoid flour to stick at bottom. Adjust the consistency by adding small amount of water. Keep stirring till it becomes quite thick.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for 2-3 mins on low heat. Switch off the heat and garnish it with cilantro and freshly grated coconut.